Tattoo Matching Couples
|Tattoo ideas||– 5 min read –||Last updated on December4, 2021|
Tattoo matching couples have a twofold character: some scoff at the idea of conventionally linking up with another person in this symbolic way; others consider the act to be super romantic and a manifestation of the highest degree of trust. If you are from the second category, you will find it useful and interesting to read the information on this web page, as well as be inspired by the sketches of matching tattoo ideas for couples.
SOME ORIGINAL IDEAS FOR INSPIRATION:
- Paired animals of different genders (for example, a guy can tattoo a deer with antlers and a girl, a doe)
- A cat and a dog, but in the same tattoo style (each of the couple tattoo one of the animals)
- Key and lock
- Whales in different colors but the same styles
- Moon and stars (one gets a tattoo of the moon, the other gets a tattoo of stars)
- Uma Thurman and John Travolta from “Pulp Fiction” (the snippet when they dance can be styled and tattooed to each one of the pair with a character)
- Geometric patterns in the same places but different colors
- The same sketch can be styled in different colors: a guy, for example, gets a tattoo with black tattoo ink, while the girl – with colored tattoo using bright tattoo inks.
What not to tattoo:
- Each other’s names
- Completely identical tattoos (it would be more stylish to individualize each of your designs to make them different)
- Something that goes against your tastes, principles, or likes, but your partner likes
If you’re considering getting matching tattoos with your partner, check out these ideas for inspiration.
unique meaningful matching couple tattoos
unique matching couple tattoos
unique couple matching tattoos
soulmate meaningful matching couple tattoos
soulmate matching couple tattoos
small matching couple tattoos
simple matching couple tattoos
matching tattoos couple
matching small couple tattoos
matching meaningful couple tattoos
cute couple matching tattoos
cute matching couple tattoos
cute small matching couple tattoos
matching boyfriend girlfriend couple tattoos
matching couple hand tattoos
matching couple sleeve tattoos
matching couple tattoos ideas
matching couple tattoos small
matching couple tattoos
matching married couple tattoos
couple matching tattoos
black couple matching tattoos
MATCH TATTOO IDEAS FOR COUPLES ON THE WRIST
These matching tattoos can be placed anywhere on the body, however many people prefer their wrists because not only does it hold a special place in their hearts, but it’s also one of the most visible areas. There are a few different designs you can choose from. For example, you could get two simple designs that intertwine together or go with something more intricate and complex.
MATCHING HEART TATTOOS
Hearts are a very popular symbol for couples and can be easily incorporated into a matching tattoo. You could go for a simple outline of a heart or get something more detailed with a design inside the heart. You could also choose to have each person’s name tattooed on either side of the heart as a really personal touch.
MATCHING INFINITY TATTOOS
The infinity symbol is a great choice for couples as it represents everlasting love and unity. You could get the symbol tattooed on each wrist or ankle, or even on opposite shoulders.
MATCHING FEATHER TATTOOS
Feathers are a beautiful and symbolic tattoo choice. They represent both freedom and connection, which are two of the most important things in any relationship. You could get a single feather as a matching tattoo or you could get a design that incorporates multiple feathers.
MATCHING ARROW TATTOOS
Arrows have multiple meanings, but when it comes to couples, they often symbolize the journey that the two of you are on together. You could get two arrows that are intertwined or have one arrow pointing in the direction of your partner. This design would be a great representation of your love and commitment to each other.
MATCHING CELTIC KNOT TATTOOS
Celtic knot tattoos are another popular choice for couples as they are both beautiful and meaningful. For example, a knot could represent the family while the other knot represents love. So you can choose your own meaning for your couple.
A FEW RULES
Here are a few things to know before you get a tattoo that will probably tie you to another person for life:
- If you are getting a matching tattoo with someone, make sure that both of you really want to do it. This should be a decision made by two people, not just one.
- Many people choose to get matching tattoos with their significant other as a symbol of commitment and loyalty. However, if your relationship falls apart, the design will be a constant reminder of the failed bond.
- Relationships that are negative, breaking, or have troubles, won’t be saved by this kind of tattoo design. So try to talk with your partner and find a way to have mutual and lasting love. And after you’ve established your relationship, you can be even more confident in each other and get a tattoo as a reminder of what you’ve been through together and managed to become an even stronger couple.
- Tattooing each other’s names is not a good idea. A symbolic drawing would be more appropriate.
All in all, tattoos are a huge commitment that may have irreversible consequences. If you are ready to go through with this process, make sure that your decision doesn’t come from an impulse or a fleeting feeling – think about it for a long time and make the choice only when you are sure. On the other hand, the tattoo can be covered up with a new one, or if it is a small drawing, it can be removed with a laser. Your choice is in your hands!
Matching tattoos can be a great way to celebrate and symbolize your love for one another. However, it is important to note that this commitment may have irreversible consequences. Before you get inked with the design of your partner’s choosing, make sure not only that they want it but also that both of you are fully committed to each other. If anything goes wrong down the line, these matching tattoos could cause emotional hurt because of their permanence. But when everything is great you’ll both be happy and full of love for each other. So matching tattoos for couples is a great way to show your love and commitment to each other.