Inkedway editors select and review products independently. If you buy through affiliate links, we may earn commissions, which help support our testing.
BEST ANTIBACTERIAL SOAP FOR TATTOOS
Tattoos damage the skin. Your task is to create a protective barrier while the skin heals. Use the best soap for tattoos in daily care, follow the artist’s recommendations on hygiene, and in two weeks you will be the proud owner of a beautiful clear tattoo on healthy skin.
OUR BEST SOAP FOR TATTOO IN 2022
TATTOO GOO DEEP CLEANSING SOAP. BEST HYPOALLERGENIC SOAP FOR TATTOOS
Tattoo Goo soap cleanses the skin at a deep level, removing dead skin cells and killing bacteria without damaging the skin. Based on moisture-rich olive oil, this soap leaves your skin feeling silky smooth without dryness or residue.
The specially formulated soap cleansing agent PCMX-L, a combination of chloroxylenol (PCMX) and sodium lauryl sarcosinate (lauricidin), cleans at a deeper level to prevent bacterial growth and infection by removing more dirt and dead skin cells. This formula has a slightly acidic pH and helps to buffer the skin while providing additional microbial cleansing power. This ingredient is not toxic to human skin but is very effective at disrupting pathogenic microbes at the cellular level.
It might not foam as well as others, but it is fully worth the price. The natural composition and the active effect on the deep layers of the skin will make your tattoo heal much faster if you use Tattoo Goo.
- Cleanses the skin at the deepest level
- Cleanse and purify the skin actively, but still gently
- Balanced pH formula
- Totally fragrance free
- Specially formulated for tattoos and piercings
- Reviews report shorter tattoo healing time
- Cost is higher than other products
In combination with other Tattoo Goo products, this soap will be the best way to care for your new tattoo.
COSCO TINCTURE TATTOO GREEN SOAP. THE BEST ANTIBACTERIAL SOAP FOR TATTOO
By choosing your skin disinfectant carefully, you ensure the quality of the result. This green antibacterial soap, for example, ensures that the tattoo ink adheres well to the skin and that the tattoo does not lose its juiciness and color.
Green Soap Cleanser is a soap disinfectant concentrate that kills germs and bacteria, provides protection against infection, and effectively cleanses the skin of ink. It is not all disinfectants can be used for tattoos. The product perfectly cleans the surface of a fresh tattoo from Vaseline and all types of ink. It relieves irritation and swelling. It is very economical to dilute in the ratio of 1:8 with distilled water. It has antimicrobial and antibacterial properties. Only suitable for tattoos.
It contains lavender, glycerin, and pure plant oils. So treating your skin with this green soap when tattooing removes redness during work and relieves skin irritation. By using Cosco during the tattoo healing period you will significantly contribute to faster healing and retain the brightness and saturation of the tattoo ink.
- Relieves irritation and swelling
- Has antimicrobial and antibacterial properties
- It is a concentrate, so it lasts long
- Smells nice and refreshing
- Specially developed for tattoos
- All-natural composition
- Reasonable price
- Does not make the skin dry and rough
- There are complaints about the poor quality of packaging
Green Soap is specially created for tattoos, it has specific properties and is ideal for disinfecting the skin during tattooing. It is the best professional soap for tattooing, with its help tattoo artists disinfect and clean skin while tattooing. It is also recommended for the aftercare of a healing tattoo.
BLUE GREEN FOAM SOAP BY H2OCEAN. THE BEST UNSCENTED SOAP FOR TATTOOS CARE
Blue Green Foam Soap is definitely worth your attention if you do not like smells in cosmetics. At the same time, the product does not dry and does not damage the skin at all.
The soap composition is enriched with aloe vera: the juice of aloe is able to have a beneficial effect on the health of the body and is used in medicine, and it has the property of retaining moisture. So, this soap will help moisturize your injured skin and at the same time disinfect your tattoo.
The foam contains all the ingredients you need to heal, H2Ocean is based on sea salt and lysozyme, which protects against bacteria. This foam covers the tattoo with a thin film and protects the skin from external influences.
- Reduces irritation and redness
- Promotes rapid healing
- Made in the USA
- Prevents crusting
- Has a powerful antibacterial effect
- The design of the packaging is not very convenient; it often leaks
This product is recommended for high sensitivity to fragrances and other ingredients in cosmetic products. It is the best because it is completely odorless but very effective.
HUSTLE BUTTER BUBBLES. THE BEST TATTOO AFTERCARE SOAP FOR VERY DRY SKIN
Hustle has developed one of the best tattoo aftercare products available. However, their product line also includes a special antibacterial soap that cleanses the skin of impurities and helps get rid of scabs.
Since Hustle Butter Bubbles is not really a soap, but a foam, it is somewhat easier and more convenient to use. Many users note that it has a pleasant smell. It is also popular among the tattoo community because of its vegan-friendly composition. Also, this soap moisturizes and retains moisture very well, better than many other similar products, so Hustle is great for dry and very dry skin.
- Made from natural vegan ingredients
- Cleanses the skin effectively
- Keeps skin moisturized for long time
- Great for after tattoos and piercings
- Has a nice scent
- Price is slightly above average
- Some noted the presence of allergies
You can use Hustle Bubbles Deluxe as an alternative to green soap because of its antibacterial properties. Hustle Bubbles Deluxe reduces bacteria on the skin, gently cleanses, soothes and nourishes the skin.
INK-EEZE. TATTOO PREBIOTIC FOAM SOAP
The special formula with prebiotics helps not only disinfect the skin, but also reduces redness and swelling.
This professional product perfectly moisturizes dry and very dry skin thanks to its balanced pH and the presence of aloe vera extract and kelp. The product is used both during the work of the tattoo artist and as a care in the process of tattoo healing. The product consistency is foam. In addition to aloe, the product contains saponified coconut oil, vegetable glycerin, sea salt, citric acid.
- Soothes and regenerates the skin
- The foam is easy to use
- Pleasant unobtrusive scent
- Balanced pH
- Effectively moisturizes
- Natural composition
- Only a small jar is available for purchase
A super-effective product to moisturize your skin after a tattoo.
DIAL LIQUID HAND SOAP. TATTOO GREEN SOAP ALTERNATIVE
The antibacterial soap has a pleasant, thick consistency that soaps well and deeply moisturizes the skin. Although Dial Soap is not specially created for tattoos, its composition and effective yet gentle action on the skin makes it one of the best on the market. Praise for the product can be heard not only from users but also from many professional tattoo artists.
Your skin becomes cleaner and smoother with this amazing soap. At the same time, it is very convenient and pleasant to use: when it interacts with water, the soap forms a good thick foam that easily rinses off your body and well copes with dirt. Spent economically. Does not cause allergies. However, those who do not tend to perceive scented products, say that this soap is not quite suitable for them, because it still has a light and unobtrusive smell.
- All-purpose soap with a powerful antibacterial effect
- Foams well
- Hydrates the skin well
- Lasts a long time
- Does not cause allergy
- It is economical in use
- Large jar for an affordable price
- It smells, but the odor goes away after washing
This multipurpose tattoo soap is suitable not only for the care of body art, but also for everyday use in the home. The maximum value for money is more effective than any other similar product.
DR. BRONNER’S PURE-CASTILE LIQUID SOAP. THE BEST MILD SOAP TO CLEAN TATTOO
The universal Castile liquid soap comes in a transparent plastic bottle (easy to keep track of the consumption). Note the convenience and quality of the biodegradable packaging: the label does not rub off, the lid fits tightly, nothing leaks or spills. This is a natural soap, brewed 90% from Extra Virgin olive oil (first cold-pressed) with the addition of other oils (shea butter, almond oil, coconut oil, etc.).
The product has an organic composition, is not tested on animals, has certificates of organic control. It is absolutely odorless. The soap texture is quite liquid, if you drop it on your hand, it “runs” right away. But at the same time, the liquid soap is quite concentrated and economical. Suitable for washing the whole body, the soap adapts well to the needs of sensitive skin. It produces a silky foam, making the skin soft, smooth, and fresh.
Not recommended for those who have quickly clogged pores: a lot of heavy oils in the composition.
- Organic Composition
- High quality and biodegradable packaging
- The all-purpose soap can also be used at home
- Economical use
- Suitable for the entire body and all skin types
- Cleanses the skin well
- Softens rough skin
- Stimulates tissue repair
- The consistency is too thin
- Not quite suitable for overly sensitive skin types
Pure Castile provides a delicate effect on the epidermis: it gently moisturizes it, softens rough spots, and stimulates tissue repair, so it is ideal as new tattoo care.
WHY USE TATTOO SOAP?
Damaged skin protection from pathogens begins as early as during the tattoo session. The tattoo artist regularly wipes the treated area with an antiseptic agent. Special wipes were previously used for this purpose. They absorb liquids and at the same time remove airborne microorganisms.
Cosmetic brands produce a special green tattoo soap. Its effect on the skin is more delicate and the bacteriological effect is higher. The tattooist wets the non-woven material with the spray soap and treats the surface. The liquid removes ink and lymph from the skin, disinfects, and moisturizes.
One of the most important things for the tattoo artist is the sterility of the tattooed area during the session. The sooner the inflammation disappears from the tattoo, the happier will be the client and the higher will be the tattoo artist’s reputation. After all speed of healing is one of the main indicators on which potential clients choose the tattoo artist.
THE BEST GREEN SOAP FOR TATTOOS
When the work is completed, the tattoo artist seals the tattoo with a special film that provides the wound surface with sterility, moisture, and air exchange. After 10-12 hours, the client removes the film. Under it, he finds a secretion of blood and excess ink. They need to be washed off, using the best antibacterial soap for tattoos, diluted in distilled water 1:10. And then treat it with a healing agent.
There is a large assortment of soaps available for sale, including those for the care of new tattoos. But not all of them are suitable. When choosing a tattoo soap, pay attention to its composition.
- The quality antibacterial concentrate contains a complex of natural ingredients and herbal extracts that moisturize, cool, soften and heal tattooed skin. It relieves puffiness, removes impurities, restores pores and elasticity of the epidermis.
- The product’s structure has a sliding effect. The absorbent materials moistened with the solution glide painlessly over the skin surface. This improves the precision of the tattoo artist’s inks and facilitates self-care.
- The product contains only natural hypoallergenic substances suitable for all skin types.
- Special unscented soap or with a light natural fragrance rarely causes allergic reactions, but those are due to the individual intolerance of the individual components.
- The soap contains antiseptics that gently disinfect wound surfaces.
- Some of the products contain peppermint oil or methyl-lactate, which has a pronounced cooling effect. These substances make the client feel comfortable during the session. The soap maintains a local cooling effect during the following days of skin regeneration.
- Tattoo soap contains no sulfates, so it does not provoke dryness, irritation, itching, burning. At the same time, it effectively cleans difficult areas: fingertips, elbows, palms, folds. The PH of the solution is neutral: 4.5-5.5.
- A care product with a 100% natural composition is not harmful to the environment. It is a completely vegan product.
Alcohol antiseptics dry out the wound surface. The desiccated crust cracks, releasing suds on which germs accumulate. A good soap for a new tattoo correctly and quickly disinfects the tattooed area, moisturizes, protects and accelerates its healing. It is the best option for caring for a new tattoo.
Choose the one soap on this list and your new tattoo will be bright and be healed fast!